About Me

My photo
A graduate from University of Liverpool(UK) who is teaching English in Madrid in order to learn Spanish.

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Moving Flat

Packing to leave Mirta’s was a strange experience. I packed enough things for the weekend and a week in work, but packed the rest into my main suitcase, as it wasn’t set in stone whether I would be taking the apartment in Arguelles so I might need to stay in a hostel for a week. Luckily I will be able to leave my big suitcase and my laptop at Frank’s house if I need to live at a hostel while I try to find somewhere to live.

I hailed a cab to Frank’s, and when I arrived he insisted that I stay with him until my room at the flat was ready. The kindness of some people truly amazes me!

His friend Fiona arrived and we had some “flat-warming drinks”, then went out to meet a group of people we had met at the Couch Surfing picnic (the week before).

The people were cool, and I had a nice time, but I had the same feeling that I always have in a new city of “missing something”. Not knowing the area, not knowing where to go, we ended up in an overpriced club which was playing commercial R&B, and every single girl inside was wearing heels and foundation. Not my scene at all!

Woke up in Frank’s bed with his friend Fiona and a hangover, then I hailed a cab to my new place, unpacked a little, and set off for my first private Spanish lesson with Jesús. He said my knowledge was mainly active and not passive, which is an understated way of saying that you cannot speak a bloody word! Ah well, hopefully next week I won’t be so hung-over and tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment