About Me

My photo
A graduate from University of Liverpool(UK) who is teaching English in Madrid in order to learn Spanish.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

My my, how plans change...

I spent months preparing for leaving for China. I took Chinese lessons, got numerous immunisations, turned down job offers and other opportunities, and what goes and happens? Yes, that's right! A tiny glitch with a visa lays all your plans to waste. Panic stations?

Not quite. British Council have offered me a consolation prize; a conversational auxiliar post in the best public school in Madrid. Erm, yes please! A big factor for not staying in Europe was the thought of having to fork out the money for a CELTA qualification, and trying to explain why I have no A Levels in foreign languages. However, I still feel like a complete prick for "saying goodbye" to so many people when I am LITERALLY moving a couple of hours travel away. Egg on my face or what?

Maybe this is fate. Spain isn't so scary, and everyone says you pick up the language really fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment